If your ideal bathroom is one that is luxurious and indulgent, read these expert tips to create the bathroom of your dreams.
1. Focus on vanities – “Vanities are to bathrooms what fireplaces are to sitting rooms. This focal point of a bathroom is an opportunity to add luxury on a large scale. A vanity allows the exploration of opulent finishes in your cabinetry, ironmongery and countertops, but also consider your storage requirements. Marble is probably the ultimate luxury when it comes to counter tops, although the latest options in reconstituted stone also offer luxurious styling.” – Ronelle Badenhorst, Kohler
2. Add a heated towel rail – “Nothing is better than getting out of the shower or bath and reaching for a fresh and dry towel that you can wrap around yourself. Adding heated towel rails to your bathroom not only ensures you always have fresh towels on hand, but the heated towel rail also offers a stylish storage solution for bath towels.” – Andrew Taylor, Bathroom Butler
3. Invest in a durable bathtub – “In order to achieve a total state of calm and luxury in the bathroom, a clean and beautiful space is essential. Invest in a durable, scratch-resistant bath with a non-porous surface which is resistant to dirt and bacteria giving you more time for relaxing and less time cleaning off stubborn dirt rings.” – Dessie Nikolova, DISTINCT Collection, Bathroom Butler
4. Light it up – “Lighting is an opportunity to add drama to your bathroom. Don’t limit yourself to only ceiling lights – the addition of wall lights, hanging pendants and under-counter strip lighting are sure ways to create a combination of functional and mood lighting in your bathroom. Kohler offers toilets with built-in lighting that safely and comfortably guides users at night.” – Ronelle Badenhorst, Kohler
5. Choose luxurious finishes – “Freestanding bathtubs and basins with a matte finish are great additions, as are marble tiles which add a timeless and luxurious look.” – Nicole Russell, Italtile