If you’re a keen collector of fine wines, it’s most likely you want to display your collection in a prime position in your home. We bring you 14 inspirational examples to show off your bottles in style:
1. Pegs in brass or stainless steel from The Wine Room.
2. Zig Zag shelves in black (also available in light grey and charcoal powder-coated mild steel or in thin, brushed stainless steel) from The Wine Room.
3. Wall Wine Shelf Bistro from KARE.
4. Wall Wine Shelf Bistro Double from KARE.
5. Wine Rack Key West from KARE.
6. Bottle Rack Saddle in light brown from KARE.
7. Wine Rack from Weylandts.
8. Panier Stackable Wine Rack from Weylandts.
9. Cellar Wine Tub from Block & Chisel.
10. Toulouse Wine Crate from Block & Chisel.
11. Franc Wine Rack from Esque.
12. Minimalist Wine Rack from Esque.
13. Anna Wine Bottle Box from Beetroot Inc.
14. Wine Bottle Rack from Beetroot Inc.
Lauren Snyman of The Wine Room, an innovative wine storage solutions company that designs and manufactures leading wine cellars, shares a few top tips on how to store your wine at home:
1. Always store your bottles horizontally, as this will ensure the corks remain slightly wet, minimising the chance for oxidation of your wine.
2. Store your wine away from bright light, including natural sunlight that creates both heat and UV; and/or bright internal lights that may create heat.
3. For medium- to long-term cellaring of your wine, invest in a good wine fridge or a specialised Climate Control unit that will help create the correct temperature and humidity conditions for your collection.
Stand a chance to win a Beetroot Inc. six-bottle wine rack valued at R295.
Beetroot Inc. markets a home-grown range of furniture, homeware, novelties and personal attire that articulates the lighter and brighter side of beautiful living. It was launched in Pretoria in 2013 and has grown to seven stores over the past two years. There are three stores in Gauteng (at Menlyn Maine Central Square, Waterkloof Corner and Fourways Mall), one in KwaZulu-Natal (Ballito Junction) and two in Cape Town (Tyger Valley Centre, Table Bay Mall). All products are locally made and can be customised to suit individual tastes. The Eco range of furniture (that includes bookcases, storage solutions, patio furniture, servers and utility trolleys in different shapes and sizes) is made from eco-friendly reclaimed wood.
To enter the giveaway:
Tell us why you would like to win the prize in the comment section of this post.
Closing date: 6 June 2019